Votos de Casamento Fracassado
When you get married, custom dictates that you make a series of promises to your betrothed. Thanks, custom! The problem is that ita��s almost impossible to promise something now when you have no idea how youa��ll act in the future a�� it just doesna��t make any sense.
As such, I struggled to land on exactly the right things to say to Robin in. Below are the vows I ultimately decided were too personal, too hopeful, or simply too difficult to share with everyone during our wedding.
– I vow to love you forever, unconditionally, unless you pudge out, in which case I’m a Barney-shaped hole in the wall.
– I promise to be there for you in sickness and health, but maybe in the next room if youa��re super sicka�� like mucus-filled tissues thrown everywhere and stuff, because ewww.
– I will always be as faithful to you as I possibly can.
– I vow to stick with you through thick and thina�� provided we agree upon an acceptable definition of a�?thick.a�? With that in mind, we should also settle on units of measurement: Pounds? Waist size? BMI?
– All of my possessions that you know about are now your possessions.
– I vow not to have your Grandma help me fix snacks anymore.
– I vow to disappear for only a week during my annual bro trip to Columbia (a�?Brogota what what?!a�?).
– I vow to financially support any breast augmentation you seek, as long as youa��re going bigger. Duh.
– I promise to always celebrate the anniversary of this special day with you, unless it conflicts with a major sporting event, gambling trip, or marathon online gaming session. Also, therea��s a good chance Ia��ll forget, so sorry in advancea�� though maybe you shoulda��ve said something the day before.
– I vow to not get mad at you for getting mad at me for screwing up.
– You will always be the most beautiful person in the world to me a�� at least, until the wrinkles arrive.
– I vow to start watching hockey with youa�� once a month… No, once a year. Nope, hockey’s dumb, not watching it. And neither are you, woman. Now make me French toast.
– I vow to eventually remove all photographic evidence of previous conquests from our shared online cloud folder.
– I vow to keep you in the dark about certain personal assets and activities so that in the event of legal action or government seizure you can invoke plausible deniability.
– I vow to do everything in my power to look identical to the way I do right now, up to and including facial and other body-part reconstruction. Okay, your turn.[:]